90 Newhall Street,
Willenhall, West Midlands
Vehicle Workshop Controller / Service Advisor
Full-time, Permanent, Willenhall
Salary: £23,000 – £33, 921 OTE
Birway is part of the Hammonds Group of companies which is a family business established since 1972. Birway is a leading provider of vehicle transportation services for vehicle manufactures, dealerships, auction houses and car leasing companies who also provides vehicle mechanical services to the general public, local companies and to blue chip organisations.
We are looking for an experienced garage workshop controller / service advisor to join our team to achieve our growth targets. As a Company, we strive for the best in our staff and are looking for someone who wants to grow within a Company and who is willing to give their all in achieving our shared goals.
The role is based at our operation in Willenhall. Your working week will be Monday-Friday 8.00 am to 5.30pm and alternative Saturday mornings 8.30am to 12.30pm, flexibility on working hours is preferred.
We offer excellent benefits; including a salary from approximately £23k un-capped, this salary is negotiable according to experience and bonus schemes are available. You will also qualify for excellent benefits including enrolment into the ‘Company Pension Scheme’, paid holidays and excellent career development and training.
The ideal candidate must;
- Have a minimum of 4 years previous experience within the vehicle workshop, be it a mechanic who has not got on with the idea of carrying out vehicle repairs or a service advisor who is looking for a step up in their career.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines without supervision.
- Have a solid knowledge and understanding of a dealer management system.
- Possess excellent customer services and communication skills.
- Have the ability to converse with multiple levels in a Company.
- Be numerate and IT literate, especially with Microsoft Excel & Outlook.
- Have the knowledge and ability to use the 1 link platform.
- Organise ordering of parts for vehicle repairs.
- Quoting and invoicing customers
- Working with vehicle technicians and the service manager to organise, plan and distribute repair jobs to staff.
- Ensuring systems are updated with all customer details, vehicle details and job data.
- Preparing estimates for health check reports and then liaising with customers.
- Communicate with all key stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure up to date and accurate information is obtained and reported on
- Respond quickly to changing operational needs by tactical decision making.
- General office administration
- Work actively and effectively with data from multiple systems.
- Take an active role in the wider business including projects, supporting operations managers and business development with existing clients.
One of our large clients sells low-cost used vehicles, therefore we need a candidate who’s capable of sourcing good quality used parts, aftermarket spares using platforms like eBay offering our client fast cost effective quality repairs.