90 Newhall Street,
Willenhall, West Midlands
Experienced Vehicle Technicians
Salary: £30,000 OTE
Negotiable depending on experience. Salary Scheme is a base salary plus bonus and is uncapped.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Birway is part of the Hammonds Group of companies which is a family business established since 1972. Birway is an independent vehicle service repair centre who also completes Class 1 & 2, 4, 5 and 7 MOT’s.
We are currently recruiting for two experienced vehicle technicians. As a skilled technician, you will join our team who are responsible for all types of maintenance, service and repairs to cars and light commercial vehicles. As a Company, we strive for the best in our staff and are looking for applicants who want to grow within a Company, and who are willing to give there all in achieving our shared goals.
Our foremost objective is to offer complete customer satisfaction to every one of our valued customers. Therefore, as Workshop Technicians, alongside the day-to-day operations of a busy workshop, you’ll also embody the following qualities:
- A passion for ensuring customers receive a great end-to-end experience.
- The ability to work within given timescales and the ability to tackle all aspects of vehicle repairs and servicing.
- Behave in accordance with our core values and principles, and treat people with respect and courtesy.
- The willingness to constantly learn and be able to improve your own performance.
- Generally organised in the workplace.
- The ability to accurately complete paperwork; i.e. VHC (Vehicle Health Checks)/ Job sheets / Customer service documentation
Successful candidates must also possess:
- An NVQ Level 2 upwards Vehicle Technician qualification, competent in all aspects of service, diagnostics and repair.
- Previous Vehicle Mechanical Experience
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude, as well as an efficient work ethic
- Be a methodical and logical thinker with strong diagnostic skills.
- A full UK driving licence.
Candidates with an MOT testing qualification is desirable but this isn’t essential. However we are also recruiting a current qualified MOT tester.
Candidates with a diagnostics and electrical expertise is desirable but this isn’t essential
- Mon-Friday: 8:30am-5:30pm
- 1 in 2 Saturday’s: 8:30am-12:30pm
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role and responsibilities, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.